Monday, November 26, 2012

Work in Progress!




The idea of my project is to capture the detail and texture of everyday objects that we hardly ever notice. So far I have only take pictures of objects indoors but I'm planning on going outdoors and taking up close pictures of nature and anything we might miss with just a naked eye. I'm planning on printing them on regular photo paper and then displaying them in the frames that Mrs. Shannon showed us during class. If anyone has any suggestions of what I should photograph or what I should print my photos on please let me know!

2 comments:

  1. The images appear to be extreme details of a domestic space…I see waffled fabric, mini blinds, and perhaps a carpet. The images are taken extremely close to the subject, so close that the objects become abstracted. I see things that I would normally not notice, such as dust build up on the mini blinds. Although the objects are not mine, they seem familiar because of the way they are photographed. There is a familiarity within the images and I start to think of the objects that surround me in my own domestic space.
    It will be interesting to see how the images you take outside correspond with the images from indoors. I think the series could focus on one particular space or show a variety of spaces.
    The exposures look acceptable, although you may want to brighten the third one up just a stop in Photoshop.
    I agree that a simple presentation would suit these images well. You are photographing overlooked details from the everyday environment and emphasizing them through photography…it may be interesting to push this even further by printing them large-scale.
    Nice work so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an interesting idea. Being so close to the subject makes the viewer have to guess what is being photographed, adding a sense of ambiguity.

    ReplyDelete