Monday, November 26, 2012

Final Project ( forgot to post this earlier)

The concept of my final project is to capture the details/textures of everyday objects that we have a tendency of ignoring. I want to capture the "beauty" in places that we wouldn't think of looking at. This whole concept began to interest me when I saw American Beauty of few months ago. The whole theme of the movie is "to look closer". Ricky Fitts, on of the characters in the movie, video tapes everyday objects. While everyone thinks he's a basket case for finding things like birds and plastic bags beautiful, he doesn't understand why more people do not take the time to stop and appreciate the world that surrounds us.

I plan to explore this concept by taking up close pictures of objects that we don't really notice. I want to capture the detail and texture that we don't think twice about. I want about half the pictures to be everyday objects and the other half to be things outside, like plants or animals. I don't expect everyone to find every picture beautiful because we all have different opinions and views. But I want people to stop for a minute and think "wow, I never really noticed all the small things around me". I plan on printing this on regular photo paper and in color.

No comments:

Post a Comment